When performing certain operations and maintenance activities on a mining installation, testing
and measuring of gas, oxygen and/or toxic substances may be necessary as part of the permit to
Persons designated to carry out gas measurements.
To train the delegate in the theory and practice of the operation and the use of gas measurement
and detection equipment, the interpretation of the measured data and taking the correct actions.
- Gas measurement strategies.
- Measurement principles, procedures and rules.
- Various types of measurement and detection apparatus.
- Interpret the measured data.
- State/advice about the correct follow-up actions.
- Advice regarding safety provisions and personal protective equipment.
- Enclosed spaces.
Conditions for practical exercises:
Maximum 6 delegates per instructor.
One (1) day, for both basic and refresher course.
Conditions for participation:
No Offshore Medical certificate required.
Four (4) years.