Since the STCW Manila Amendments 2010 came into effect Proficiency Fast Rescue Boats course have been subject to a refresher obligation.
Objective of the course
Those who have successfully completed the training are able to safely launch, embark and control the fast rescue boats in all weather and sea conditions, as well as to apply the correct use of communication and emergency equipment and to perform search patterns.
This course is intended for anyone designated to act as skipper or crew member of a fast rescue boat.
Conditions for participation
The participant is in the possession of:
- the relevant and valid basic- or refresher certificates and a valid CoC
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises
Below a short course content, with the emphasis on practical skills:
- preparing, embarking and launching of rescue vessels
- manoeuvring and search patterns
After successful completion of the course the participant will receive the certificate:
Proficiency Fast Rescue Boats Refresher, STCW reg. VI/2-2, Section A VI/2, Table A VI/2-2
Number of participants
Maximum 3 participants
08.30 – 17.00 hour
We can also do this course on board!