The STCW – Basic Safety Training Refresher (BST) is designed to refresh the student from the existing Basic Safety Training and again provide any new insights into the calamities and emergencies that can occur on board a ship and how to take action on them.
STCW – BST training meets the basic training requirements for all personnel planning to go to sea on merchant and/or fishing vessels.
The training complies with regulation VI/1, paragraph 1 and section A-VI/1, paragraph 2.1 of the STCW Convention and the STCW Code of 1978, as amended.
Those who have successfully completed the training have knowledge and skills in handling basic firefighting, personal safety and social responsibility, personal survival at sea and basic first aid on board ships.
Intended for anyone working on board ships covered by the STCW regime and the Seafarers Act.
Conditions for participation
De cursist dient in het bezit te zijn van:
- A relevant and valid basic or refresher BST certificate and a valid boating license
- een geldige geneeskundige verklaring voor de zeescheepvaart
- good health and physically able to participate in practical exercises (use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat exposure, swimming)
Below is the brief course content, emphasizing practical skills:
- survival at sea and life-saving operations
- fire prevention and firefighting; use of breathing air
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Basic Safety Training Refresher, STCW reg.VI/1, Section A-VI/1 par. 2
Number of students
Minimum 8, maximum 12 participants
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
The price per student for the current calendar year is € 709, excluding VAT, including lunch/coffee/tea