Since the STCW Manila Amendments 2010 came into effect, the Basic Safety Training and Proficiency in Survival Craft courses have been subject to a refresher obligation.
Objective of the course
Those who have successfully completed the training will have knowledge and skills in dealing with personal safety and social responsibility, personal survival at sea and elementary first aid and with launching and stay in life saving equipment.
Intended for anyone working on board ships covered by the STCW regime, incl. Manila Amendments 2010 and the Seafarers Act.
Conditions for participation
The participant is in the possession of:
- the relevant and valid basic- or refresher certificates and a valid CoC
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises (including use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat load)
Below a short course content, with the emphasis on practical skills:
- survival at sea, safety and environment; life-saving acts/first aid
- preparing, embarking and launching of rescue vessels
After successful completion of the course the participant will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Basic Training Refresher, STCW reg.VI/1, Section A-VI/1 par. 2
Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher , STCW reg. VI/2-1, Section A VI/2 Table A VI/2-1
3 consecutive days
Number of participants
Minimum 8, maximum 12 participants
08.30 – 17.00 hour