The aim of this training is to inform the delegates on the health and safety issues related to hazards and risks of H2S (hydrogen sulphide) containing gas and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skill.
Persons working at a mining installation where H2S gas can be expected or has been found (defined as a H2S location).
Inform delegates about the hazards of H2S gas and train them theoretically and practically in performing the right actions in case of a H2S gas leakage.
- Knowledge of the properties and hazards of H2S.
- Knowledge of working activities on a H2S location.
- Knowledge of the necessary layout on an H2S location.
- Handling, use and restrictions of the specific compulsory personal protective equipment.
- Handling, use and restrictions of personal detection/alarm equipment.
- Escape procedures in case of an H2S alarm.
- First aid in case of H2S victims.
- Knowledge of H2S rules in the Working Conditions legislation.
Conditions for practical exercises:
Maximum 6 delegates per instructor.
Basic course = ½ day.
Refresher course = ½ day
Conditions for participation:
No Offshore Medical certificate required.
Four (4) years.