Masters, mates and maritime officers with watchkeeping duties for ships greater than 3000 GT or passenger ships greater than 500 GT and sailing under SOLAS must be in possession of the certificate Radar Navigator Management Level
Objective of the course
To increase the substantive knowledge and skills of the participant to be able to use radar more widely and more advanced during navigation.
For those who are already in the possession of the Radar Navigator Operational certificate and need more knowledge and skills to meet the requirements of the Seafarers Act.
Conditions for participation
- needs to be in the possession of a certificate Radar Navigator Operational Level
- has to have knowledge of Colreg’s
- has to have knowledge of nautical concepts
- Plotting and working with ARPA
- Critical use and limitations of radar installations
- Parallel index navigation
- Radar navigation in narrow waterways and poor visibility
- Radar in combination with electronic charts
A radar simulator is used during the course.
After successful completion of the course the participant will receive the certificate:
Radar Navigator Management Level - STCW reg. II/2, Section A-II/2, Table A-II/2
Number of participants
Minimum 4, maximum 8 participants
08.30 – 17.00 hour (each day)