The training is intended to coordinate the evacuation of rescue vessels in the event of a ship being abandoned.
Objective of the course
Those who have successfully completed the course will have knowledge and skills in taking the lead in preparing, embarking and launching a rescue vessel as stated in the STCW ‘rescue vessels crew’.
For anyone who is designated as a crew member for a lifeboat on a ship.
Conditions for participation
The participant is in the possession of:
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- a valid CoC according to STCW (incl. Manila Amendments)
- a valid Basic Training or BST refresher certificate
- at least 18 years old
- have no less of 6 months sailing time
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises (confined spaces and heat load, swimming)
- keeping the vessel operational
- take command on board a lifeboat during launch and afterwards
- control of the engine of a lifeboat
- dealing with survivors and lifeboat after abandoned ship
- practical use of lifeboats, including launching and sailing
- dealing with communication equipment, location beacons and emergency signals
- first aid to survivors
The course is given in Dutch of English.
After successful completion of the course the participant will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Survival Craft other than Fast Rescue Boats Refresher, STCW reg. VI/2-1, Section A VI/2 Table A VI/2-1
4 consecutive days
Number of participants
Minimum 8, maximum 12 participants
08.30 – 17.00 hour