Fast Rescue Boats are usually used in Man Overboard situations (MOB situations) or when help is needed by other ships in distress.
Objective of the course
Those who have successfully completed the training are able to safely launch, embark and control the fast rescue boats in all weather and sea conditions, as well as to apply the correct use of communication and emergency equipment and to perform search patterns.
This course is intended for anyone designated to act as skipper or crew member of a fast rescue boat.
Conditions for participation
The participant is in the possession of:
- valid certificate Basic Safety Training
- a valid certificate Proficiency in survival crafts other than fast rescue boats
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises (including confined spaces and heat load, swimming)
- theory of the compass
- preparing for departure, launching and retrieving the vessel
- effects of wind and sea on the boat
- taking over, transferring and rescuing persons
- electronic navigations equipment
- rescue of casualties from the water
- personal equipment
- trouble shooting
- manoeuvring on calm and still water
- sailing on open waters and prevailing conditions
- search patterns
After successful completion of the course the participant will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats, STCW reg. VI/2-2, Section A-VI/2, Table A VI/2-2
Number of participants
Maximum 3 participants
08.30 – 17.00 hour
DRTC Vlissingen Veiligheidscentrum Zeeland
We can also do this course on board!