Since the STCW Manila Amendments 2010 came into effect Proficiency in Survival Craft other than Fast Rescue Boats course have been subject to a refresher obligation.
Objective of the course
Those who have successfully completed the training will have knowledge and skills in dealing with personal survival at sea and elementary first aid on board ships and with launching and stay in life saving equipment.
For anyone who is designated as a crew member for a lifeboat on a ship.
Conditions for participation
The participant is in the possession of:
- the relevant and valid basic- or refresher certificates and a valid CoC
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises
Below a short course content, with the emphasis on practical skills:
- survival at sea, safety and environment; life-saving acts/first aid
- preparing, embarking and launching of rescue vessels
After successful completion of the course the participant will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Survival Craft other than Fast Rescue Boats Refresher, STCW reg. VI/2-1, Section A VI/2 Table A VI/2-1
Number of participants
Minimum 8, maximum 12 participants
08.30 – 17.00 hour