Calamity training (specialist)
Captains and First-mates of Offshore Support Vessels.
To train the delegate in acting as On Scene Coordinator with the aid of bridge simulator scenario’s.
- Thorough knowledge of the Search and Rescue organization;
- Thorough knowledge of the tasks of the SAR Mission Controller, the Rescue Coordination Centre, the On Scene Coordinator and the Aircraft Coordinator;
- Thorough knowledge of IAMSAR and OPPLAN SAR;
- Use of GMDSS during SAR operations;
- Thorough knowledge of surge patterns and surge areas;
- Thorough knowledge of the influences tides and wind;
- Assessing the situation;
- Compose a rescue plan;
- Use of leeway charts and descent data;
- Commanding the available support units;
- Control of on scene radio communication;
- Controlling of situation reports;
- Informing the RCC; and
- Preparing the relevant reports.
Three (3) days.
Five (5) years.
Condition for participation
Knowledge of GMDSS procedures, navigation and Radar/ARPA.